VNC Viewer v2.0.1.016756 Apk
Requirements: 2.1 and up
Overview: Control a computer anywhere in the world from your Android device!
VNC® Viewer connects your device to a computer, displays its desktop, and lets you take control. You can run applications, change settings, and access data exactly as you would be permitted to do were you sitting in front of it, and using the keyboard and mouse.
VNC Viewer is from RealVNC, the inventors of VNC. It can connect to any Mac OS X computer, and to any Window, Linux, or UNIX computer running VNC-compatible Server technology. RealVNC recommends VNC Enterprise Edition for robust, secure, and high-performance connections, and for its unrivalled flexibility. For more information, see http://www.realvnc.com .
1. Download VNC Viewer from the Android Market.
2. If the computer you want to control is running Mac OS X 10.4 or later, enable Apple Remote Desktop/Remote Management (see below for more information). If not, install and start a VNC-compatible Server.
3. If you are connecting over the Internet (for example, via 3G), configure firewalls and routers protecting the computer to allow and forward network communications to it. Start with http://www.realvnc.com/products/android/1.0 for more information. If you are connecting over a Wi-Fi-enabled private network such as a LAN or VPN, you should be able to connect without further configuration.
4. Find out the network address of the computer. If you are connecting over the Internet, this will probably be that of a router. You will also need a port number if the VNC-compatible Server is listening on a port other than the default for VNC, 5900 (note this is not necessary for Apple Remote Desktop/Remote Management).
5. Start VNC Viewer, identify the computer you want to control, and connect!
* Interact with your computer as though sitting in front of it.
* Give connections user-friendly names, and see desktop previews.
* Pinch to zoom in to a specific area, or out to see the whole picture.
* Easy navigation, scrolling, dragging, and selection using standard touch, tap, and drag gestures.
* Mouse button mode for precise control over mouse button and scrolling operations.
* Easy text entry using on-screen keyboard with preview.
* Important non-character keyboard keys (function, modifier, and so on) available on a scrolling key bar.
* Automatic performance optimization.
* Support for screen resolutions up to 5120 by 2400 pixels (though the actual resolution is limited only by the memory of your device).
Users connecting to VNC Enterprise Edition also enjoy the following significant benefits:
* Connections encrypted using 128-bit AES technology.
* Authentication credentials protected by 2048-bit RSA public keys.
* System authentication to connect using computer log on credentials.
* Enhanced performance.
* Support for non-US keyboards.
* Transfer text between applications on your computer and device.
VNC Enterprise Edition is available for a wide range of Mac OS X, Window, Linux, and UNIX computer operating systems. For more information, visit http://www.realvnc.com/products/enterprise .
VNC Viewer can establish connections to:
* VNC Free Edition (version 4.1).
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later with built-in Apple Remote Desktop/Remote Management enabled. To do this, turn on the ‘VNC viewers may control screen with password’ option, and set a password. Note this does not apply to PowerPC Macs running 10.4 (Tiger); install VNC-compatible Server technology instead.
* AMX touch panels.
* Third-party VNC-compatible Servers.
VNC Viewer can establish secure (authenticated and encrypted) connections to:
* VNC Enterprise Edition (version 4.x).
* VNC Personal Edition (version 4.x).
FIXED: VNC Viewer no longer performs a network connectivity check before establishing a VNC connection, meaning more connections should succeed (for example when using a portable Wi-Fi hotspot).
This app has no advertisements.