Swipe for Facebook Pro v2.2.0
Overview: What you get is a lightweight, highly customizable, and battery-friendly Facebook app that emphasizes on user interface and user experience as much as functionality and design.
Why sacrifice form or function when you can have both? Swipe for Facebook is the best Facebook wrapper app out there, integrating the lightweight Facebook website into a familiar user interface that is much like the original Facebook app.
As of very recently, Facebook has decided to stop supporting Messages on the mobile website, trying to get everyone to move to Messenger. It seems this may be what has been causing the crashes for some users when they click on Messages. Facebook seems to be slowly pushing this out to users, so this may not affect you yet, but if it does, I have already come up with a workaround. Simply go to Settings and enable ‘Enable Messages Workaround’. This will load http://www.messenger.com instead of m.facebook.com/messages where you can still send messages. This is not themed yet, but will hopefully be in another update within the week. Facebook seems to be very serious about this, so everyone should brace themselves for these changes being pushed to ALL users in the coming weeks.
It’s better in every single way. You’ll feel it.
Swipe Pro version includes:
– Higher Customizations
– More themes!
– Facebook iOS and Google Plus UI
– Quiet Hours (Do Not Disturb) – take control over your notifications!
– Power Saving Mode
– Retain Last Visited Pages
Upcoming features in the works:
– Hide sponsored content*
– Hide people you may know*
– Improved power saving mode*
– New app icon (similar, but possibly simpler)*
– PIN and fingerprint security**
– Save photos locally**
– Full screen videos**
– Possible DayNight theming (automatic theme change after specific hour)**
– Possibly caching tabs (still looking into how I can achieve this efficiently)***
– Video upload***
**possibly next week
***indefinitely soon, still figuring things out
For any more bugs or feedback, please leave go through the app’s settings and press the Bug Report button.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (see description)
NEW in Swipe 2.2.0
– Added the Messages Fix (HUGE credits to FaceSlim developer, Krysztof Grabowski)
– Enhanced ‘Share This Page’ – share links to even MORE apps!
– Added vibration permission to Swipe – allows notification vibration
– Added Enable Sounds and Enable Vibration to notification settings due to popular request
Previously in Swipe 2.1.1
– Added Messages Workaround
This app has no advertisements