Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) v2.3.3
Requirements: Varies with device
Overview: Sun Surveyor predicts Sun & Moon positions with a 3D Compass, Interactive Map, Street View, Augmented Reality and a detailed Ephemeris. Sun Surveyor is useful for photographers and filmmakers, architecture, real estate and solar panel (PV industry) professionals, and more. Plan for every sunrise, sunset and super moon!
Sun Surveyor predicts Sun & Moon positions with a 3D Compass, Interactive Map, Street View, Augmented Reality and a detailed Ephemeris. Sun Surveyor is useful for photographers and filmmakers, architecture, real estate and solar panel (PV industry) professionals, and more. Plan for every sunrise, sunset and super moon!
Use the interactive controls to:
– Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
– Find the time of year and angle to shoot a location at sunrise or sunset, or compositions involving the moon
– View augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
– Visualize the sun and moon throughout the day or over a year for any location on the earth
– Observe the Summer and Winter Solstice paths & Equinox paths for any location
– Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features
– Understand potential shade of surroundings and how the sun will interact with a property or site
– Augmented Reality – View through the device’s camera, visualize where the sun and moon will be in the sky, or when they will move behind a building
– 3D Compass – A 3D projection of Sun and Moon positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device’s bearing and orientation in the world
– Interactive Map View – A top-down view of Sun and Moon event positions overlaid onto an interactive map (vector, satellite & terrain); plan and align your shot with sun and moon events, with calculated distance and elevation angle differences between two locations
– Street View Panoramas – A 360 degree interactive panorama, when available, for more detail of an area; explore distant locations
– Milky Way band and center visualizations, celestial compass for visualizing star trails
– Import and Export of Locations – import Google Earth .kmz/.kml placemarks, and export to share with colleagues or for backup purposes
– Time Machine Slider – Visualize events for a single day, or watch the days get longer and shorter and the Moon’s path get further and closer throughout a year
– Offline Usage (excludes Map View, Street View)
– Enter Coordinates, Save & Load Locations with no data connection or GPS available
– Moon distance, age, apogee, perigee, super moon predictions
– Sun shadow ratio and projection, visualize the shadows cast from the Sun
– Send details and locations to colleagues
– Elevation data for locations
– Compensation for Magnetic Declination
– Widgets – 9 varieties of sun and moon widgets for your homescreen and lockscreen
** NOTE: the 3D Compass and Augmented Reality portions of this app make use of your device’s compass. Some devices (HTC One V, HTC Desire C, etc) do not have a compass. The Maps and Ephemeris portion will remain unaffected. I do not ban any devices from installing this app, as some people have more than one device, such as tablets without cameras, or compasses, and I will refund users if the app is not working for them, for any reason.
– Updates to Dutch translation by Bluesbirdy
– Updated display of DDD/DMS location text
– Catalan Translation by Joan MB, many thanks!
– Improved Location list functionality
– Updates to refraction and parallax correction for event altitudes, thanks Victor Reijs!
– Updated Widget Setup – tap widgets to configure location selection, background color, names and more. Widgets can now use set locations and avoid GPS use altogether if desired.
This app has no advertisements