[root] FlashFire Pro v0.34
Requirements: 4.2+ | ROOT
Overview: FlashFire is the spiritual successor to Mobile ODIN.
Notes and hints to help you use it:
– No kernels or recoveries are flashed for FlashFire to run, Android is torn down and restarted in a minimalist manner for the flashing part of the app to run. I’m sure this will completely fail on some devices.
– A lot(!) of memory is used, likely the entire operation will fail on low-memory devices. I strongly suggest you make an ‘ID’ backup as the very first test and see if that works at all.
– Technically it should be compatible with 4.2, but note virtually all of the testing so far has been done on 4.4 and 5.0 firmwares.
– While development has focused so far on Samsung and Nexus compatibility and features, it should be able to function on many devices. Specific support for some other manufacturers is coming via updates soon.
– Individual files need to be named correctly (after their partitions) to be flashable or be contained in archives. Archive-wise, TAR and ZIP are supported. Compression-wise, ZIP, GZIP and BZIP2 are supported. These can be embedded inside each-other, so yes, you can directly flash the standard ZIP-inside-TGZ Nexus firmwares, as well as TAR-inside-ZIP Samsung firmwares. More formats are to come.
– Backups can be to internal, external (sd) or USB storage. The backups are compressed. There is no way of knowing if the backup will fit, you are not warned about this.
– Backups are standard TGZ’s for file-based, and plain GZIP’d for raw partitions
– For block-level OTAs, flash a stock system partition or restore a (raw!) system (and vendor) backup before applying the OTA. After the OTA action, create a (raw!) backup of system (and vendor). The latter will be restorable to apply the next OTA.
– The embedded SuperSU version installed by EverRoot is v2.46.
– Pro version is unlocked if you have Mobile ODIN Pro installed, but you still see an upgrade option. This is a (much cheaper) In-App Purchase you can optionally do, so you don’t need to keep MOP installed.
2016.05.11 – v0.33 – BETA – RELEASE NOTES ARE BEING WRITTEN, CHECK BACK LATER
– Add support for backing up to and restoring from ADB, through USB or Wi-Fi (special ZIP format)
– Completely reworked progress code, more info is shown in more places now (current file, speed, progress)
– Improved back key handling
– Improved app startup performance
– If sdcard is adopted, reflect that in location display name
– Fix adopted SD card sometimes not showing up in mixed partition mode
– Attempt to identify external sdcard (rather than calling it USB)
– Adjust storage location display order
– Add warning when using adopted storage
– Rewrote file creation routines to cope better with adopted storages
– Fix reboot card popup title
– Refactor shell commands as root
– Change install location to internal-only
– Fix backup of internal storage not skipping backups in some cases
– Adjust ZIP parser so it can cope with Samsung FOTA ZIPs
– Added warning for Huawei users about brickability
– Add OEM partition to TWRP emergency restore
– Fix backup/restore per-file progress freezing
– Archives: Add suppport for Huawei’s UPDATE.APP format
– OTA: Add detection for Samsung
– OTA: Add detection for Huawei
– OTA: Add detection for HTC
– OTA: Add detection for Letv
– OTA: Add multi-zip-file capability
– Partitions: Add various Tegra-specific partitions
– Partitions: Add various Mtk64-specific partitions
– Partitions: Add various Huawei-specific partitions
– Partitions: Add various Pixel-C-specific partitions
– Partitions: Add generic Factory Reset Protection partition
– Partitions: Add support for eMMC boot and general purpose partitions
– Partitions: Attempt r/w unlock before writing
– EverRoot: Updated embedded SuperSU to v2.72 BETA
– EverRoot: Use LESSLOGGING mode, reduces SuperSU output
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions: PRO features Unlocked