Requirements: 4.1 +
Overview: Quake for Google Cardboard
Also, this requires:
* a control pad (buttons are remappable in the game)
* Cardboard or equivalent with headstraps to play in VR-mode (as you need hands to hold gamepad)
Now the fun stuff… This port features the following:
* Non-VR mode – still requires a gamepad to play, but you are not restricted to playing on a cardboard only, quickly switch to non-vr mode to play.
* Configurable eye-resolution (for lower spec phones) – If you find your phone is struggling to draw at an acceptable framerate, you can adjust reduce the eye buffer resolution in the Options menu (it takes a moment to reset following a resolution change, be patient..)
* Uses the excellent Darkplaces Engine
* Quake re-texturing project support ( http://qrp.quakeone.com/ )
* Online multiplayer
* Supports mods (Nehahra for example)
* Command line params using a text file – create a text file in the Q4C directory called commandline.txt and populate with any command line params you may wish to use
* Visit QuakeVR.com for more information
As the original Quake code is GPL licensed, the full source for this will be available in an archive contained in the assets folder of the apk.
If you have issues, please send mail to the following address and I will endeavour to resolve them as soon as I can, within reason: firstname.lastname@example.org
WARNING: QUAKE IS A FAST PACED FIRST PERSON SHOOTER, INVOLVING QUICK MOVEMENT, STRAFING, JUMPING AND RAPID DIRECTION CHANGES. IF YOU ARE NOT USED TO PLAYING THIS SORT OF GAME IN VR YOU WILL MAKE YOURSELF SICK IF YOU TRY TO PLAY FOR TOO LONG.
IF YOU START TO FEEL UNWELL, TAKE AN IMMEDIATE BREAK, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO "PLAY THROUGH IT", IT WILL GET WORSE!
I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY TO YOU OR OTHERS, OR SICKNESS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE WHILE PLAYING THIS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED…
– Auto-download and unpack of game assets on first run, no more having to do it yourself.
– Fixed no head tracking when game is first started
– Added "Lens Centre Offset" to the Graphics options. This might help users who have the Mattel Viewmaster, which doesn’t seem to play nicely with Quake. Adjust this setting to get the images converging comfortably (you will have to go in and out of the menu to check it as it doesn’t affect it when in "big screen mode".
This app has no advertisements