PlanIt! Pro for Photographers v4.9
Overview: This is a special call to landscape photographers, travel photographers, nature photographers or those who are especially interested in night photography, skyline, time-lapse, star-trail and milky way or astrophotography: look no more, this is the ultimate app for you – the PlanIt!
Ansel Adams dedicates the beginning of his first book “Taos Pueblo” to visualization. He introduced the idea of “previsualization”, which involved the photographer imagining what he wanted his final print to look like before he even took the shot. Of course there are many great photos which were taken impromptu. However, for landscape photographers, being able to previsualize the scene before going there will greatly reduce the chance of being caught unprepared and will greatly increase the chance of getting better shots.
Photographers use various tools to help them pre-visualizing the scene. Nowadays, many of those tools are phone apps. PlanIt! is all-in-one solution that is designed to leverage the map and simulated viewfinder technologies (VR, AR etc.) to provide the necessary tools for photographers to pre-visualize the scene in combination with the Sun, Moon, Stars and Milky Way. Some questions that you might ask yourself before going out for a photographing trip are:
* Where is the Sun or the Moon at the time and the location and to see the animation of the Sun/Moon/Stars/Milky Way movements as in real?
* When and which azimuth is the Sunset or Sunrise today or on any date at any location around the world?
* Do I get a clear view of subject from a certain location where is no mountain blocking the view?
* What lens should I bring in order to capture the whole width or the height of the scene?
* If the scene is too wide, how many shots do I need to take to create a panorama and how many angle should each shot cover and how many angle should I rotate the camera between each shot?
* How do I compose the scene considering the subject’s elevation and the sun or moon location?
* Is tonight a good time for star trail photography? How long can I exposure without being affected the rising moon?
* What are the dates and times to have Milky Way at certain position on the sky?
If you are interested in the answers of any questions above, the PlanIt! is the right app for you. In a simple app, we included Tools feature for you which allow you to find out GPS coordinates, elevation, distance, elevation gain, direct view, focal length, depth of field (DoF), hyperfocal distance and panorama, and all of those are represented to you visually on the map and sometimes in a simulated viewfinder. In addition, the Ephemeris features include the sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset time and location, twilights, special hours of the day, position of the Sun and the Moon, Sun/Moon Finder, more than 100 stars (such as Polaris) azimuth and elevation angle, star trail planning and exposure time calculation, time-lapse and hyperlapse calculation, milky way searching, exposure/ND calculator, light meter, bub timer etc. Again, all of them are either represented on the map or in the viewfinder.
Please refer to http://yingwentech.wordpress.com/tags/planit for more details.
v4.9: revised tide page, adjust page indicator, bug fixes, added a separate button to toggle star-trail, changed to drag to adjust viewfinder, added milky way center position to milky way center page, prompt to save plan when opening a shared plan from other app. added elevation range in sun/moon finder. added marker rating feature.
This app has no advertisements