Oxford English Etymology v5.1.068 [Unlocked]
Requirements: 4.0 and up
Overview: Based on the Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology, the principal authority on the origin and development of English words, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology contains a wealth of information about the English language and its history.
Find out where the words bungalow and assassin came from, what nice meant in the Middle Ages and much more.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology:
• Feature-complete license for unlimited time
• Offline mode – look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – our support team will help you
• Completely redesigned user interface and experience
• Ability to share word definitions
• ‘Word of the Day’ feature
• New camera search function
• Performance improvement
● Full features Unlocked
● Annoying bottom bar removed from main page.
This app has no advertisements