Install APK with Data or OBB File on Android
OBB file is a file that developers create along with some APK packages to support the application. The OBB files contain bundles of large assets. These files carry encrypted data including media and graphics that is not included in the APK file.
This post will tell you how to install the APK files that have the ‘Data file’ or ‘OBB file’ with them.
You cannot install APK with OBB file directly on your smartphone. You need to have a PC or a laptop.
To install the APK with OBB/Data, you will need to have:
- PC or Laptop
- APK file
- OBB or Data folder (usually a zip file downloaded from internet)
After getting all the required files you need to connect your phone with your PC via USB cable or Bluetooth connection.
You can also use a memory card for this purpose.
Install APK on Your Android Phone
First you need to install the APK file on your android phone. In order to do that, simply follow the steps below:
- Place the APK file in your phone’s SDcard or Internal memory (preferably external SDcard).
- Browse your phone memory/external memory and tap on the APK file.
- Click ‘install’
- Wait for the APK to install.
- Do not run the application yet.
- After successful installation, you need to place the Data / OBB file in the right place.
Where to put the OBB or Data file?
- First of all unzip/extract the downloaded OBB or Data file in your PC or laptop.
- Copy the ‘Data’ folder and place it into the given path:
External SD Card > Android > Data > **paste the folder here**
In case of OBB files, copy the OBB folder and place it in the given path here:External SD Card > Android > OBB > **paste the folder here**
- If you cannot find the OBB or Data folder, you can create a new folder manually.
- Make sure that the files are successfully copied in your SDcard.
- Disconnect your phone from PC.
- Run the APK file now.
That’s it. You have successfully complete the process. You can now enjoy the full features of APK on your android phone.