HOUND Voice Search & Assistant v1.4.4
Requirements: 4.0.3 and up
Overview: Hound is an app that you speak to, and it understands what you are looking for or trying to do. It’s like a voice-enabled searcah engine. It’s also like a personal assistant.
Hound is the best way to search using your voice.
Hound is different:
• Extremely fast responses
• You speak naturally, no need to learn special keyword phrases
• Follow-up to filter, sort, or add more information to your query so you can be specific
The fastest and easiest way to get the information, entertainment, and communication services you want, Hound is built for your busy life, allowing you to get what you need and move on.
You can use it hands-free by saying, “Ok Hound…”
• Weather + Temperature
– “What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
– “How about the temperature in Hawaii during August?”
• Local Search + Yelp Restaurants
– Ask for restaurants, fast food places, coffee shops, stores, and be as specific as you’d like
– You can even exclude places or grub that you don’t want, such as food types
– “Show Restaurants within 10 miles except for Chinese”
• Navigation (GPS) + Directions
– Ask for a destination and to navigate there seamlessly
– Get the best directions taking traffic into consideration
– “Show me directions to the nearest Starbucks”
• Hotel Search + Expedia booking
– Be specific on travel options
– “Show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275”
– Get fare estimates incl. surge pricing & journey time for your trip
– Speak your destination and book your Uber, all hands-free
• Make phone calls and send text messages – handsfree personal assistant
• Web search – say what you’re looking for instead of typing
• Calculator – easily make quick calculations through voice commands
“What is the square root of 16 minus the square root of 9?”
• Converter – instant access to unit conversion for temperature, metrics, mass, volume, etc.
“What is 100 degrees Fahrenheit in Celsius?”
• And more: Video search, News search, Photo & Image search, Stock Prices, Flight status, Date and Time, Alarm and Timer, Music search including “SoundHound Now” feature – activate a music recognition search or a Sing or Hum search, Mortgage Calculator, Tip Calculator, Currency Converter, Unit Converter, Word and phrase translation, Wikipedia, Dictionary, Play interactive games…and more coming soon!
Compared with: Apple Siri, Cortana, Google Now, Alexa, Amazon Echo, Nuance Dragon Go, Dragon Mobile Assistant, Indigo, Vlingo, Evi, Voice Search, utter, EVA, and other virtual or personal assistant apps. Check out this video: Hound – The personal assistant trying to take on Siri – _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G2QLWJZ_xc
Handsfree: Say “OK Hound” to start a voice search (similar to “Ok Google” or “Hey Siri” for Android and iOS phones)
Partners include: Accuweather, Bing Search, Expedia, Uber, Yelp & more
**** Praise for Hound ****
“Hound takes voice search to the next level.” – Wall Street Journal
“SoundHound Inc. just developed a crazy-powerful personal assistant.” – WIRED
“SoundHound Inc.’s new voice search app makes Siri and Cortana look slow.” – The Verge
End User Agreement
Explanation of Requested Permissions
Add or access calendar events
Find and access contact accounts
FINE (GPS) LOCATION, COARSE (NETWORK-BASED) LOCATION
Used to enhance location based search results
Access and send SMS messages to contacts
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Access phone numbers and identity to make calls
MODIFY/DELETE STORAGE CONTENTS
Read, modify, or delete the contents of your USB storage to cache data
Used to record audio for music and voice search
Enables pairing of devices through Bluetooth
Keeps screen active while searching
VIEW WI-FI STATE
Used to allow usage through WI-FI
DEVICE ID & CALL INFORMATION
Read phone status and identity
Used to detect when internet access is available
READ SYNC SETTINGS
To toggle background data or auto-sync
== What’s New in 1.4.4 ==
– Launch Hound from any screen.
To set Hound as your default assistant app:
Go to System Settings
Select “Apps” and tap the Settings icon
Select “Default Apps”
Select “Assist & voice input”
Tap on “Assist app” and select Hound
Long press the center home/circle button on your device to launch Hound from any screen.
– Enable “Listen on Start” in the app settings to start search when Hound is launched.
– Search improvements.
Thank you for all the feedback!
This app has no advertisements