2016 Editor’s Choice Award, Children’s Technology Review
Teachers with Apps Top Pick
Common Sense Media 4-Starred Review
HangArt puts a new twist on the classic word game Hangman. Kids 4-8 play visual hangman with 200 K-3 sight words, then draw pictures & create digital stories with their won words. No In-App purchases or ads.
• 3 Play Centers: Play Hangman, Word Gallery, Story Studio
• Hangman game in one or two-player mode
• Practice handwriting with dyslexic friendly font in Letter Practice activity.
• Grownups Dashboard offers analytics about user activity and achievements.
• Supports visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and ELL learners
• Research-based play experience developed in collaboration with a literacy educator: Milken Educator Award recipient Patty McGee, author of Feedback that Moves Writers Forward (forthcoming, Corwin Press, 2016)
• App font, Castledown, recognized by Wired Magazine as a “font designed to help kids learn to read and write.” Sans-serif, dyslexic friendly.
• Play alone or in two-player mode, with friends, or with families using words & pictures.
• Recognize, practice, and learn to read sight words with hangman game that contains 200 sight words from Kindergarten through Grade 3 Dolch, Fry, and Teachers College lists. Game increases in difficulty based on player’s performance.
• Each word comes with an original illustration by Kavita Ramchandran, inspired by global arts, culture, and diversity.
• Hints, First letter, and Last Letter support available.
• Kid voiceovers model letters and words and support English Language Learners.
• Strengthen handwriting skills with upper and lowercase tracing with Castledown, which Wired magazine calls “a custom font designed to help kids learn to read and write”
• 200 diverse original illustrations of sight words.
• Playback illustrations of won words serve as mini-drawing lessons for young artists and supports STEAM and arts education
• Kids draw their own pictures of won words and add to create a custom Word Gallery
• Players use the same custom drawing tool used by HangArt’s artist to create and add their own drawings for sight words.
• Unique drawing tool captures data points of kids drawings, then saves to playback.
• Shake device to select images, then create and record digital stories in Story Studio.
• Audio recording feature ideal for early readers who want to flex creative muscles and imagination, but cannot write yet.
• Edit function allows more advanced players to revise stories.
• All stories can be saved and played back as mini-books.
More Unique Features:
• Two-player mode ideal for family gameplay and classroom collaboration
• Classroom and Family Friendly: Reinterprets the traditional “hangman” as a man who hangs from a monkey bar, falling off when you lose a word!
• Get unique analytics in the Grownups Dashboard
• Build a growth mindset in children with model language to encourage gameplay in Grownups Dashboard
• Encourage self-evaluation in children with a word self-rating emoji feature (similar to the “pain-scale”)
• Original music and sound FX by Nickelodeon and Dora the Explorer composers Steve Sandberg and David Cerullo
• Sound FX On/Off options
• Kid Voiceovers
• Letter name when a letter is touched in the alphabet
• Word name when hangman word is completed
• Alphabetic keyboard
• Uppercase or lowercase letters gameplay
• Audio recording in Story Studio to train and create little podcasters
Please send any suggestions to email@example.com. We want to hear from you!
Updated : April 6, 2016
Size : 56M
Installs : 50 – 100
Current Version : 1.1.0
Requires Android : 2.3.3 and up Content Rating : PEGI 3 Learn more